Re: Spare Tire Mount Questions

I took some black pvc pipe, large washers for each side of the pipe& longer bolts. Just cut the pipe to fit with the washers on both side and install between the body and the rubber and you have it.

Well, I finally went and bought a full size spare (that matches, no less!). > Actually, I bought a replacement rim/tire for the one that I bent on the > trail.. oops. I threw the bent one on the back as a spare since it still > rides nicely. After all, it'll only be a spare and not for long trips. > > Anyhow, I have 31"s, and it doesn't sit the same on the mount. It fits just > fine, but the 4 rubber stops that keep the tire from moving on the mount > don't touch the tire anywhere. I didn't notice this until I shut the > tailgate and the tire did a little dance for me. I've heard various people > with differenct solutions. What do you suggest?? I had thought about > buying washers to move the bumpers out an inch or two, but would like to > hear everyone's thoughts on the matter. > > The more ideas, the better!! Thanks guys! > > Eric > 99 TJ SE > >
Reply to
Dennis Croll