Re: What should I look for when buying a used Jeep?

With $5500 you can find a 97/98TJ, we picked up two cherry ones, garage

> kept and super clean two months ago, both were under $5k. Granted, one > needed rear brakes and a new soft top cause nobody would sew a new rear > zipper on the soft top, both needed new serp belts and idlers, plugs, cap, > rotor and wires. Then we sold the YJ and now I'm looking for a TJ for me... > I found both on autotrader.com >

These must have been SE's with high mileage. I can't see finding a '98 6 cylinder for $5500. That would be close to double that price in these parts. I know, I've got one.

Fred W '98 TJ Sport

Reply to
Fred W.

Drive off of it... If you're buying it for the off road capability, why wouldn't you test it there?

Reply to
Fred W.