Re: Wiper Motor?

I added my own external ground wire. My hinges were not conducting well.

Mike

Paul Brogren wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It could be the ground connection. There is not an external grounding wire on the motor. But I did get an arc when I touched the motor housing to the windshield frame with a screw driver. The fuse did not blow and the motor did not actuate. I actually took the motor (gear box/contact) apart and inspected the internal components. It shows a lot of wear on the contact brushes and the circular copper contacts also were heavily worn and corroded. The worm drive gear also seemed to have alot of wear.

Reply to
Paul Brogren

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try.

Reply to