Rear Diff Oil with ARB

Hi, I am in the process of regearing and fitting ARB locker, do I use the standard fluid when its reassembled without the limited slip additive or do I nee a different oil, also is their a better synthetic type of oil to use?

Can someone also tel me the oil to use in the transfer case and manual transmission.

Cheers Nick

Reply to
Nick

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You can use literally any good quality GL-5 or GL-6 gear lube with an ARB Air Locker. It has no special additive requirements, there is no need for anything special like a gear lube that has additives like for a limited slip.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

For the transfer case, it needs ATF and any good quality ATF can be used... it has no need for any particular kind of ATF like an automatic transmission will always have. What kind of transmission do you have?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford