remote start for 2002 grand cherokee six cylinder

well the boy wants a remote start for his cherokee. comments on how hard to install which ones to buy etc, thanks in advance. john jr

Reply to
john

Been thinking of doing the same. I'll have mine installed ... cost to install is minimal and prevents me from screwing something (electronic) up. As far as I know, they sense rpm to determine when to shut off the starter else turn for a predetermined time (had to set that up on my subaru, micro switch, wasn't enabled quite long enough), sense the engine is running else they wait then attempt a restart, flash the parking lights to let you know what's going on etc etc

Reply to
bowgus

john did pass the time by typing:

I use the Clifford. However, my system has been in the Jeep since 93.

Installation isn't hard, but it is a slow and picky process. If your not comfortable with working on the harness and routing wires then you probably should have a pro do the job. Also professional installation will give you a better warranty. The Clifford only gives you 30 days self-install but a year for pro-install and lifetime on the unit.

If I were shopping for a new system I would get it as part of a better alarm. With one of those two-way pager/transmitter fobamathingies.

The biggest problem you will face in getting an autostart to work if fooling the smartkey/passkey system if your Jeep has it. Most vendors have a bypass module, but check that first.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
philthy