Removing Air conditioning and Heater in TJ

I've decided to remove the heater and air conditioning in my 01 jeep tj. It's a project jeep and not my daily driver anymore so I won't need them anyways. But now I need help planning out how to do it. I have removed a/c from an s10 before, and removed the compressor pump, and there was an ac delco pulley you could use on the block to keep the serpentine belt all normal.

Does anyone know the part# or where I can get a pulley to remove my ac compressor in the jeep? It's an I6 by the way. Also, on the s10, we cut a small aluminum pipe and shaped it to a U and used that to plug in the heater hoses where the heater core used to be. I was thinking though, aren't there some sort of plugs I can just stop up the holes from the water pump? Kinda like freeze plugs?

Besides that, I can't think of anything else just right now. Any ideas?

Reply to
Troy

Don't just get a pulley, get an air compressor mounted there. Even better, convert the current A/C compressor to an air compressor for OBA! I'm sure Bill has some links he can toss your way.

Me, I like my A/C. :-)

Eric

99 TJ SE
Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Want to sell the air conditioner parts? I plan to add air to my TJ. I would need everything (brackets, bolts, hose, belt. etc.).

Reply to
JimG

Sorry, some of the pipes and hoses were cut to get it outta there. I still have the compressor and all the parts though, but I'm not sure how long they last without having the refrigerant in them. I think I've heard someone say the accumulator will go bad after a while, but I'm no mechanic. The heater / cooler box that goes on the inside was held in by 6 bolts (tj) guess they added two. What got me into trouble was that one of the bolts had a nut, then a plate, then another nut on it, and I didn't see it and broke the box getting it out. So then I just got tic'd and tore it all out. Had to get it running cuz school is starting monday and I have to be able to get there.

Reply to
Troy