Replace Front Bumper

I dented my front bumper pretty good and would like to get it replaced. How much does it usually cost to get a new front bumper put on? I have a 1999 Wranger. Thanks.

Reply to
Caramelgirl

Only a girl would replace a Jeep bumper because it was dented....

But if I were going to rebuumper a Jeep I'd make one out of laminated wood.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Check on Ebay. They have them there all the time. People replace them with after market bumpers so you can get them at a good price. You should be able to put it on yourself, it's just a few bolts.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

look for a replacement bumper either on Ebay as Kate mentioned or call the local wrecker.. Don't use use wood, even if it laminated.. as it wont have the safety rating it should have and you may even void your insurance and safety sticker for your Jeep.

Snow...

Caramelgirl wrote:

Reply to
Snow

Why do you recommend such asinine things?

First you want people to ruin their engines and void warranties, now you are recommending wood for a bumper??

Do you even own a Jeep or do you only come on this board to see how many people you can piss off and screw up with your trolls and unwise and unsafe recommendations?

For the OP, you should check with local 4x4 shops and clubs. Folks are upgrading the bumpers to heavy steel all the time so there should be lots of really cheap used ones out there.

Mike

Mike Romain

Her 1999 Jeep is out of warranty, so that isn't a consideration.

How a wood bumper is unsafe needs explaining to me. In fact, don't bother because any explanation you can think of is bound to be imbecilic.

The insurance copmany probably won't insure the wood bumper itself but it should not affect the rest of the vehicle any more than installing an aftermarket one.

i recommend wood bumpers on actual utility vehicles since it is cheap and easy as well as attractive if finished with some modest effort. eventuallyu they fall apart, you make another one. No big deal.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

What color is the rag you stuff in your gas tank filler neck?

Don't be a retard. I use a new Stant locking cap and a new correctly made filler neck-factory or custom.

I do, however, punch the restrictor out.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Calling people retards and dumb Pollacks is really making you look like more of an idiot by the minute. Anyway, how well does that Amsoil sticker stick to your wood bumper, moron?

here's a factory replacement for $60. it's pretty simple to do it yourself.

Caramelgirl wrote:

Reply to
Randy B

Thanks for the information. I have a little problem though ... My boyfriend noticed that the thing that the bumper is mounted to is bent inward a bit from the impact, so I don't know if I will be able to make it fit myself. I may have to have it done by a pro. Anyone ever have to do this kind of a repair?

Reply to
Caramelgirl

if you are in houston I will give you one and install it free

--Jarod Sprauer

Jeeper

Thanks Jarod. I really appreciate that. Unfortunately, I way over here in Pennsylvania.

Reply to
Caramelgirl

If you pay shipping I will be glad to mail you one.. my zip code is 77070 I dont know the exact weight but if you do a little research I will try to help you out :)

Jarod Sprauer

Jeeper

Jarod... that is really cool :)

On that bent bumper mount, have that 'boyfriend' of yours bend it back for you or replace it. It likely will not cost much. Oh hey, do you have airbags in that Jeep? If so, then there are precautionary steps you may need to take before you R&I the bumper.

I would imagine, in all seriousness, that the job would only be at the MOST an hour labor at any good body shop. They may do it while you wait, or at your Jeep dealership. Call and get labor rates and what their book says the time allotment is on the job. It shouldn't cost you much, and now that Jarod is giving you a bumper, you can afford a new bracket AND to have it mounted!

Kate

: >>

: >> -- : >>

: >> >

: >>

: >>

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

thanks Kate... contrary to pop belief...I do do a lot of things for people for free even though some here call me used car scum.... I have had my Jeep lot for 9 yrs now & have sent numerous items to people here in this group for free. ie center caps for jeep wheels, door straps, inside door grab bars etc... I dont mind helping any Jeeper out.... I have several bumpers in stock due to people wanting aftermarket bumpers.. its amazing the used parts I have accumulated in the past 9 yrs :)

Reply to
Jeeper

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Well, I hope all that good Karma comes back to you :)

K.

: > On that bent bumper mount, have that 'boyfriend' of yours bend it back for : > you or replace it. It likely will not cost much. : > Oh hey, do you have airbags in that Jeep? : > If so, then there are precautionary steps you may need to take before you : > R&I the bumper. : >

: > I would imagine, in all seriousness, that the job would only be at the : > MOST : > an hour labor at any good body shop. They may do it while you wait, or at : > your Jeep dealership. : > Call and get labor rates and what their book says the time allotment is on : > the job. It shouldn't cost you much, and now that Jarod is giving you a : > bumper, you can afford a new bracket AND to have it mounted! : >

: > Kate : >

: >

: > : >>

: > : >> -- : > : >>

: > : >> >

: > : >>

: > : >>

: > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

There 'are' exceptions to the used car salesman scum rule.....

I worked for a used car shop getting vehicles ready for certification while going back to college in the 90's that totally amazed me. He would change out a smoker rather than trying to cover or fix it and if the clutch was the least bit iffy, he just had a new one put in. I was impressed.

Mike

Mike Romain

Your insurance company won't pay a dime to fix any damage done to the other car with a wooden bumper. Call them up and ask them.

Non-rstreet legal utilty vehicles are one thing, street-legal vehicles are another.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo