Front Bumper

Hi

My wife just came home and told me she hit the front bumper off a large rock will pulling out of a drive way. It will need a replacement bumper and I have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer. By the way it's a ION 2004 Sedan 1.

1) How much does a front bumper cost? 2) Is it easy to replace or will I need to get it done professional? I have a bit of experience but not much. Also is it just held on by bolts? 3) Anyone know of any web sites that sell bumpers? I had a quick look on google but the sites that it listed none of them sold bumpers just hoods and fenders.

Thanks

Reply to
M Burnside

You may try to look up fasica instead of bumper to find this part. If you have to get one from the dealer let him paint it b4 you install it. They are very easy to replace and you could do it yourself. They are held in place by several pushpins and 2 small screws in the front wheel liners and 4 small screws up top between the headlamps. Remove the headlamps (2 pins on each) remove the top 4 screws then the 2 in the wheelliner. Now remove all the pushpins in front and under the fascia. When these all all removed simply pull the fascia off the fenders by pulling outward (this my take a small tug) see piece of cake, you can do this. Good luck

Reply to
pnsman64

Reply to
sturg57

Reply to
blah blah

LOL on the snow plow!

Reply to
pnsman64

Reply to
sturg57

I've used this site to find local used parts:

also

Richard