Replacement 2005 TJ fog light lenses

Can the lenses for factory fog lights be purchased without buying the complete light? I have spent a hour searching and all I can find is bulbs and the complete light. I need both lenses and hate to buy the complete light just for lenses. Thanks in advance Don

Reply to
Don Hamilton

nope. the lenses are glued on. p.s. Avoid Crown parts, they are junk.

If the lenses are just fogged with age, first try to clean them up with Flitz or Meguires

I will say this. Polish works, just don't go heavy on the buffing or you can get enough heat to melt the plastic. Also if you don't reseal the surface with a plastic clear-coat spraypaint, they will yellow again in a few months. I've tried using wax instead and it sorta works. Figure this. If they are that bad, does it matter what you try. :]

Next would be to find aftermarket fogs that fit.

If you want OEM, give these folks a shot. I buy from them quite a bit.

DougW

My lenses are glass and rocks have cracked them. These are the ones that bolt on a the bumper. Like these

Don

Reply to
Don Hamilton

Ah, I'm thinking about 07.

$79.99 is the base cost, and I can understand why you would want to replace a

10$ bit of glass. OEM doesn't show any other than the bulb or assembly.

In that case why not just get a new set of fogs? I picked up several cheap sets for the ZJ since they sit low enough to find the occasional rock.

Hmm.. Just checked some prices online.. sheesh. some places want $500 for a single fog! That's nuts! I paid about $20 for the last set. Sure, they rust, but a can of krylon works wonders. Truck stops are good locations for inexpensive fogs.

Reply to
DougW

Go buy the kc hilites that are a direct plug and play. I hd the same problem with my 05. Cracked glass.

ULB