Roll Control Info

I'm considering buying and installing a roll control device on my '00 TJ. Would like to know of any experiences with this particular accessory and as it will be wired into my custom electrical console I would like to know if the actuator switch is just a ground. Any help and opinions is appreciated.

Reply to
ROK KRLR

I am not familiar with any role control accessories for a TJ. However, you could easily improve roll / cornering characteristics by changing to Poly sway-bar bushings on the existing front and rear anti-sway bars and possibly change over to some firmer shocks.

My $.02

GK

Reply to
GK

Reply to
ROK KRLR

Put in a hand throttle and learn to drive with it. That leaves one foot for the brake, one for the clutch, and one hand on the gas/shift. Cost ~ $35 for the RE kit or a whole lot less if you put it together from bike parts.

Reply to
jbjeep

Those devices are usually reserved for (dragsters) and Jeeps without e-brakes (because of lift and cable lengths) like mine. Your TJ should have a perfectly good e-brake. If you are concerned about starting out on a hill, do as jbjeep said and put in a hand throttle. The hand throttle has other invaluable trail uses... a cruise control for the trail that keeps your foot off the gas as you bounce and lunge.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Why? What's wrong with using the hand brake that is already installed?

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

not to mention cruise control on the freeway for long enough to stretch out your right leg occasionally. =)

Reply to
jbjeep

Absolutly nothing. That is certainly another option.

Reply to
jbjeep

I can not remember EVER needing this device. Actually, I remember vividly needing it, but that is when the motor would not run because of the steep angle and the carburator's obstinance.

Get the hand throttle that can be mounted to the shifter, and then you can use one foot on the clutch, one on the gas, and use your shift hand to operate the gas. The hand throttle will set you back less than $10, and it works wonders.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)