Blazer suspension question...Too much bounce and body roll

My wife has a 2001 Chevy Blazer LT with about 75k miles on the engine. My question revolves around the suspension. You tend to feel what I am talking about at highway speeds. If there is a dip in the road, I tend to get a lot more body roll or sway and I am not sure if this is a characteristic of the Blazer but when hitting a bump in the road...it seems to hit hard and then I feel that there is a little too much bounce. Please excuse me but I usually drive cars and I understand that there will be differences in the ride but I even had someone comment that the ride in their blazer which was a 2000 blazer LT was much tighter.

Can someone comment on the ride characteristics of this SUV and hopefully provide some in put as to how I may improve the ride? I know I will probably never get a car like ride but I was hoping that I would be able to get better road manners.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jimson5681

If it has 75K and original shocks they are likely due replacement.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Now that all being said, Do you have any suggestions on the manufacturer and type of shock that would improve the ride?

SnoMan wrote:

Reply to
Jimson5681

I tend to stay awa from that because people have differing ride preferances. Stick with a name brand like Monre or such and get atleast a mid grade shock (1 3/16 or bigger bore and gas filled).

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Now that you mention it, someone complained that my 1999 Blazer LT was 'bouncy'. It has 115K on it. Like the other guys said, probably needs the shocks replaced.

Reply to
John Manner