Santa Cruz wheeling

Hi all,

Got a question about a trail a friend of mine told me about.. those of you local to Santa Cruz, CA, may know it.. up off Summit Road, a trail that allegedly runs from Summit to the ocean, around 20 miles long probably.. it's supposed to be an old fire road that's okay to run on, but I can't find any references to it.. anyone know what I'm talking about?

Reply to
Saigoncal1

I've heard of it as well, but have never actually been on it. 20 years ago there used to be a ton of trails at the east end of Summit Rd, but I would bet they are all private driveways by now. There also are some cool trails off of Skyline north of Hwy 9, but again, that was years ago. If I were to go up there, I know I could find them, but they were probably always private, and I was trespassing.

Reply to
Red Racer

In the early 60's I used to live in a house about half way down the hill between Summit road and Redwood estates. Used to have to walk down to the Redwood Estates store to catch the school bus. I was up there a couple of years ago, and couldn't even find the house, much less the store...things have changed a bunch in that area since I was a kid...including property values.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow