Seat Heaters on the fritz

So I bought a 2001 XJ limited to replace my stolen green XJ. Couldn't be happier w/ the limited.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the passenger seat heater works all of the time. The driver's side doesn't always work. When I press either LO or HI to turn the heat on, the first two or three times the light above HI blinks for about a minute or so and then goes off. It usually takes two or three times of me pressing either HI or LO and the minute wait for the light to stop blinking before the heat will turn on.

Searched google and the newsgroups, and couldn't find anything. I guess the only thing I have to go on is the blinking light above the HI button.

TIA

Hank

-----

2001 XJ limited Husky Floor mats
Reply to
Hank

Hank did pass the time by typing:

Not terribly familiar with your problem by my guess is the switch harness coming loose or a loose wire. The heater pads are also subject to wires breaking.

Reply to
DougW

Ok. Not a major problem as I;m comming into the warmer months now, but come the winter that'll be something that gets fixed.

Thanks

Hank

DougW wrote:

Reply to