silly h2

watch the silly h2 die on the trail. :-)

Nathan W. Collier

Ok.. it looks like the steering knuckle broke before the right wheel got traction. Can't quite make it out. Wonder if the driver went yelling at the H2 froup that his brand new offroader broke and demanding his money back? :)

Sometimes the right foot does not have the answer.

Reply to
DougW

Oh my gosh! That made me cringe when I saw it.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

what a wussy car Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Now, seriously, I know those things are heavy, but this had to be the result of other damage, right? I mean, he didn't take it from 100% to broken right there, did he? td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

thats how it appears to me. put 35" tires on a 1/2 ton axle behind a very powerful v8 in a 6500 pound truck with a heavy foot in the rocks and it wouldnt be to hard at all to tear something up.

sorta pitiful, huh?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

H2s have cast control arms as well I think .

Reply to
Dave Milne

anyone have that number to AAA??? HA

Reply to
Fletcher

ouch...that's gonna leave a mark...i am guessing those wheels should not be pigeon toed... ;-)

note to self: 'don't hammer the gas when rockcrawling' keyword being crawling...

Reply to
MJ w/ 2 TJ's

Yet another reason to avoid IFS off-road. When you put the hammer down IFS wants to go pigeon toed. If you watch closely the driver it trying to turn right, puts on the gas and just a split second before it breaks the right wheel turns to the left. I'd bet a dollar that it busted the knuckle. IMHO IFS is a design flaw in any off road vehicle.

How long until you start seeing beefed up "off road" knuckles for the H2? For all of GM's chest thumping that the H2 is an off road capable vehicle, it is obvious to me that they really didn't test or design it for heavy use. That knuckle shouldn't have broken.

I bet that was the first time that vehicle had been off road.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Now, seriously, I know those things are heavy, but this had to be the result of other damage, right? I mean, he didn't take it from 100% to broken right there, did he? td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

That's why you run a Jeep right? :) Light and short wheelbase. Although the H2 is really good for towing things like boats to the lake or Jet Ski's or Snowmobiles. But tight trails, nah.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

The H2 has its place in the world. It would be a great tow vehicle for a Jeep. Drive the H2 to the end of the pavement and then get into a real off road vehicle. That is what I do with my Ford Expedition, tow the Jeep in leather clad comfort and then leave it in the hotel parking lot.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Personally I'd get a Chevy Pickup with an extended cab and 4x4. Great for towing and I'm a Chevy fan. If I got the Duramax Diesel I could handle all th work I'd ever need and probably get a Sand Rail or a Rail Buggy for fun. be nice to get one that's a 4 wheel drive tho. But I had a Jeep pull my WRX out of a snow bank that I *thought* I could drive through and he had a tough time pulling me off that snow with his jeep. Mainly because he didn't have the weight. I was stuck real good too. But he pulled me off. All these vehicles have their uses but Jeeps do not have towing as their strong point. I used to take my Chevy reg Cab long bed 4x4 offroad. On tight anything it sucked and the long wheelbase would hang up on long whoop de doo's. The Jeeps would laugh as they flew by. Funny thing is they'd usually overdo it and roll over. Nothing more you want to see at 2am than a full size Chevy with 30 feet of chain when your Jeep is on it's side and you are in the middle of no where. My Truck was good at some things but the Jeeps had it all over me on the tight trails and some of the bigger hills. The H2 is just a body kit on a Blazer IMO. The H1 is a whole nother story.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Actually, it's a body kit on a Suburban.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Kinda like glueing Rosie O'Donnel onto Rosanne Barr.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

ewwwwwww. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
Joe

along the same lines, sadly here is another h2 with the _same_ problem.

http://208.234.21.215/h2tr.wmv

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Yes and the new H2 is just as manuverable. :)

Reply to
Scooby Don't