Silly Sunroof question

New to group, new to mercedes, (for me), but pleased with general atmosphere of comments and the fun.

My '94 E320 sunroof will only close when pressing the switch to go to the "pop up in back" mode, and then let off the button before it gets there. This doesn't seem correct, Or is it? Also when I bought the car the cruise stalk had been broken off, (it's gone with the wind). Is this too much for the average backyard mechanic to replace, (airbag explosions from my typical prod and poke tecnique), or is it simpler than that? Learning as I go.

thanks to all. MarkM.

Reply to
M. M.

Vell der first ting to learn is dat der ist NO silly sunroof!!! Der sund roof in der Mercedes is der finest und best engineered sun roof possible! Und der ist ban nothin silly or funny about such perfection! Und ve of der group do not like der new people who come in mitout der proper attitude of reverence und adoration to der finest verks of der leader, Ole Jerkin Shrimp! Zo please to keep dat in der mind in der future und not be making irreverent remarks about pure perfection dat ist der Mercedes MotorKar!

mcbrue reverently under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Hello

AFIR

that behavour is normal the tip electronics for the sunroof came much later when mercedes found a way to adopt a secure way to prevent accidently choped of fingers ;) while still have enough power to shut the roof under bad circumstances ( Cold weather ) Well you always have limitations by the average US costumer.

Replacing the stalk switch isn´t a big problem i guess this can be done with the tools the factory shiped with the car.

Grüssle

Reply to
IXXI

No, that doesn't seem correct. Neither my '95 or '99 E320s behave this way. My '99 *did* this once, and to correct it the sunroof had to be "resynchronized" (I believe that this is done by opening it all the way and holding the button for a few seconds). The same thing sometimes needs to be done to side windows that have the one-push close feature. Now my '95 does not have this feature, and unless your '94 does (I do not know when this functionality became available) I doubt that this is related, but it can't hurt to try! If it does not fix it, my guess would be a faulty contact on the switch.

Reply to
Josh

My 96 windows do that reprogramming thingy. Have not had a problem (knocking on wood) with the serious sun roof yet, so am glad to hear about the programming thing.

mcbrue learnigly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

thanks for the ideas, and they all fit in my budget. Mark M.

| > My '94 E320 sunroof will only close when pressing the switch to go to the | > "pop up in back" mode, and then let off the button before it gets there. | > This doesn't seem correct, Or is it? | > Also when I bought the car the cruise stalk had been broken off, (it's | gone | > with the wind). Is this too much for the average backyard mechanic to | > replace, (airbag explosions from my typical prod and poke tecnique), or is | > it simpler than that? | > Learning as I go. | >

| > thanks to all. | > MarkM. | >

| |

Reply to
M. M.