snows aflying

snow is flying and my jeep makes a long cold snow filled winter go by alot faster yehaa!!!!!! donwside i can't call my boss and tell him i'm snowed in

Reply to
man of machines

It didn't happen if you don't post pics ;¬D

I LOVE playing in the snow!

K.

Reply to
Kate

snipped-for-privacy@cac.net...

We got a boat load of snow in so-cal last week. Wouldnt want to play in it tho, most places around here, any real snow bogging makes you fall over and over, end over end. Ouch!

I will say this, the low terrain of the mountains were fun as hell. Mud heaven/hell. Depending on how you look at it. LOL. Cheers, and a very Merry Christmas.

I wil try to get some pics up. I have 2 weeks of vaction to kill. ;D

Reply to
ULB

We got a boat load of snow in so-cal last week. Wouldnt want to play in it tho, most places around here, any real snow bogging makes you fall over and over, end over end. Ouch!

I will say this, the low terrain of the mountains were fun as hell. Mud heaven/hell. Depending on how you look at it. LOL. Cheers, and a very Merry Christmas.

I wil try to get some pics up. I have 2 weeks of vaction to kill. ;D

Reply to
Kate

Around here it's plenty of snow but -14F this morning. The temp takes all the fun out things if anything goes wrong and you have to dig/shovel/pull. It's early in the season, if you break through the frozen crust, you have to get it out the same day. If not, it will freeze in solid, come back in the spring.

Reply to
RoyJ

"RoyJ" wrote in message news:E6-dna8miryOM9LUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... Around here it's plenty of snow but -14F this morning. The temp takes all the fun out things if anything goes wrong and you have to dig/shovel/pull. It's early in the season, if you break through the frozen crust, you have to get it out the same day. If not, it will freeze in solid, come back in the spring.

Reply to
Kate

It is fun isnt it. I cheat a bit and wimp out and run studded snows on a ZJ on the Colorado back roads.

Reply to
Lon

It is fun isnt it. I cheat a bit and wimp out and run studded snows on a ZJ on the Colorado back roads.

Reply to
Kate

Proof for Kate!

I have had over 6 FEET of powder snow in the last 5 days. Coming home from work on Christmas Eve I was unable to get up the driveway and the Jeep is still down at the highway. 500-600 feet to walk doesnt seem like much, until you add waist deep snow!

This morning I went down and cleaned the Jeep off and ran into town. Came back, tried the drive again, got hellaciously stuck. Had to winch out - after I managed to finally get the frozen winch line to unroll. Finally left the rig down there again, off on the side of the road, but facing out and ready to roll if I need to get somewhere. The only good thing in this mess has been that I finally met my neighbors (they drove in and got stuck in their drive). Both the car and the truck are burried. As is the builders excavator - where my shop is supposed to be.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
RoyJ

I installed a Fisher Snowplow to a 2008 2-door jk a couple of weeks ago and I must admit it works quite well.I'll see if I can get some pictures up at alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4.

Ron

Reply to
RC

That could have been pretty ugly!

Here, if one gets stuck and not recovered right away, you return to a stripped vehicle. K.

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Kate

Dang Jenn - it's BEAUTIFUL! Reminds me of Alaska... cold as heck, but still beautiful!

here's hoping the snowplow doesn't come and bury your rig!

Thanks for the photos.

My daughter moved up to Klamath Falls in October. She says she likes it but is freezing her arse off.

K.

This morning I went down and cleaned the Jeep off and ran into town. Came back, tried the drive again, got hellaciously stuck. Had to winch out - after I managed to finally get the frozen winch line to unroll. Finally left the rig down there again, off on the side of the road, but facing out and ready to roll if I need to get somewhere. The only good thing in this mess has been that I finally met my neighbors (they drove in and got stuck in their drive). Both the car and the truck are burried. As is the builders excavator - where my shop is supposed to be.

-jenn

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
RoyJ

I agree... Getting your rig ripped off would bring on a MAJOR case of tourets syndrome!

K.

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Kate

Plow? Plow??? Whats that? I am far enough back from the highway for that - that is assuming they ever plow. We are on an "A" priority route for the county - I would hate to see what they do for a "B" route since we hardly got plowed this entire storm system. Most folks up here have their own tractors or trucks with plow blades. I am going to have to get one of those. If you keep on it, you can keep a road open. It probably would have helped if I had run the Jeep up and down a couple of times a day but I didnt realize we would get that much. My neighbor told me yesterday that they have seen it 8 feet deep - to the eves of the other neighbors house.

Yes, very beautiful. I am learning lots about living up here. It hasnt scared me off, but I did get a little nervous. I am doing ok. I will have to rethinks some things, like priorites (plow, generator, etc probably come before an air compressor).

Yea, K-falls is very cold this time of year. Its an interesting town. I have been thru there once or twice recently, but never spent any time there. The wildlife refuge is worth going to for birding - or heck, just drive around out there. Its pretty incredible during certain parts of the year with the birds that you see.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep