so I need shocks

I can get some stock 04 tj shocks, will these fit a 97 TJ?

Thanks (hope I don't cause another flame war! :)

Reply to
Mythic

Jerry Bransford

Great! Thanks again!

Reply to
Mythic

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Nah, I'll stay away from the flames, but thanks for the invite! ;)

I'm thinking, instead of getting new shocks, I might get the RE 2" BB, that includes 4 Doetsch Tech DT0 Shocks for $300 cdn.

Might as well do something like that, instead of just putting stock shocks on it.

Reply to
Mythic

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I did a 2" BB on my 89 Cherokee. The stock coils up front were VERY VERY flexy with the spacers installed, and no ride quality lost.

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

So, how does one know when they NEED new shocks?

Reply to
DiezMon

Tire wear. Shaking. Seeing the hood bob up and down relative to the horizon. There are many indicators that the shocks have taken a bye.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Leaking shocks or caved in shock cans is my major reason for failure lol. I beat them into submission. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The test for shocks is to bounce one corner of the vehicle up and down hard and let go counting the bounces until it stops. Good shocks will have about one to one and a half bounces, if you get 3 or more bounces, the shocks have failed.

Mike

DiezM>

Reply to
Mike Romain