Some "Real Jeeps" for sale (not my site)

A UniMog for sale as well!

Nothing I can see from the 1940's tho.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Man!... when Bill see's that, he'll have to get a change of under's!

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Heh yeah there is some really cool stuff out there if you have the ca$h. I know a few sites that you can buy real tanks from in perfect working order except for the guns which are DEWAT. Street legal too. They see a lot of use in Parades and things like that. But nothing like a 1945 fully restored Jeep M451 I think. Far more Real than Bills real jeep :)

Reply to
Scooby Don't

I have a 1947 Willy's Jeep. I've been thinking about selling it for some time. I've done nothing with it for years except move it for winter storage.

About 12-15 years ago, the 4 cylinder motor was rebuilt. It's a L-head, but most call it a flat head since it's flat. Crank welded up and turned down, new bearing set/seals, valves cut and ground, pistons reconditioned, new rings, replaced all four brake wheel cylinders, rebuilt the master brake cylinder, ran all new brake lines, rebuilt the carb, added new shocks, two new tires and wheels that match the slightly used fronts. Bought a new soft top but never completed the install, I just hate drilling the holes for the snaps. Doors are still in the box. Starter rebuilt. Motor starts and runs, but misses and pops above 1/2 throttle (may need valves adjusted / carb adjustments). Motor has maybe 200-300 miles on it, the oil on the dip is still clear. This motor was striped, cleaned, and repainted when rebuilt. Clutch plate was in good shape and are the brake shoes. Front end aligned. Some light rust holes near taillights, and some surface rust in other areas. Gas gauge and speedometer don't work, but charging gauge and oil pressure gauge work (if I remember correctly). It's sits a bit slanted to the drivers side, the leaf springs may need re-bent/replaced. Also changed all drive train fluids.

OK, Guys, what is it worth?

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Play4aBuck

I'll give you $150 to take it off your hands....

;-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Approximately 11/15/03 20:19, Play4aBuck uttered for posterity:

If you give me $500 bucks and a clear title, I'll take it off your hands. Not only that, I'll come all the way to Omaha and pick it up, just to show you what a nice guy I are.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I don't know Matt, ......... it just don't seem fair, you had to flip a lot of hamburgers to get that $150! Your two week paycheck for my Willys, geeeze I just don't know.

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Play4aBuck

OK, it's a deal!

But, I'm a little concerned........I just don't think your Vega will make this far without being towed.

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Play4aBuck

Approximately 11/16/03 12:17, Play4aBuck uttered for posterity:

It is one of the special models with hybrid power. All I need to do is be careful to bring enough nuts for the squirrel.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

As long as it's about 1/3 downhill, he'll be OK.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

:-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo