Speaking of Blower Motor Resistors

Hey all,

After both scouring this group and tracing wires in Muky for what seems like weeks, I'm admitting defeat.

So, where the [bleep] is the resistor pack on a YJ? I have seen many, many references to TJ resistor packs, but only a couple vague references to earlier Wranglers. Could be I'm not going back far enough; the closest I've been able to figure is that it's somewhere in the vicinity of the blower housing, but I haven't taken the time take that apart yet. Anyone have more specific directions?

Medium and low fan settings would be *very* nice to have as fall creeps slowly into the PNW...

And, for the record, my list of things to fix on Muky is down to two: This, and the rear defroster. Very minor problems, but annoying none the less. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
RoyJ

They put them in different places for different years. The early ones had them on the very right of the heater box in the passenger footwell.

If it's where Bill says, then it is under a plastic cover you need to remove one screw to open. The back screw is on a slot.

Mike

Mike Romain