speedometer/tire size

i'd like to switch my tires from 235x75x15 to 245x75x16. how much would this affect the speedometer reading. thanks....

Reply to
Lee Jordan

Your originals are about 28.8" tall and the new ones will be about 30.5 so your speedo will read about 5.5% slow. eg: at a reading of 65 you will actually be going around 68.5

Reply to
jeff

It will probably become more accurate. Can you borrow a gps to measure speed?

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > i'd like to switch my tires from 235x75x15 to 245x75x16. how much would

Reply to
twaldron

Did you really change from 15 to 16 inch rims? Yes: Speedometer/odometer 5.5% slow No: Speedometer/odometer 2% slow

A more important question would be 'What was the size of your stock tires?"

FWIW: Jeep speedometers are almost always miscalibrated. My unscientific test with a roadside radar unit revealed my WJ to be 3% fast with stock size tires.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III