Spooling on new winch rope???

Got any good tips for spooling on the new winch rope? How too's? Never put one on before... Thanks.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

It must be spooled on with 250 lbs. of tension Jenn, or at least something near that. I usually connect my new winch cable up to something fixed (like my wife's JGC) and then set my TJ's parking brake until it gives enough resistance for the winch to pull against. Just walk with the Jeep as it pulls itself to whatever the hook is connected to and help it feed in level. :)

Jerry

jbjeep wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford