Stock 2004 Rubicon W/34s

will make a great mall runner/poser. youll never take it off road though.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I don't think so...

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Hey Jim, how do you like the lock rights? Do they work pretty well when you get one wheel in the air?

Jerry

Reply to
belowme

Depends on your definition of "work". You can FIT 33s under a stock rubi (ask me how I know) but you'd better not hit any bumps going very fast. I know a guy that fit 35s, but he says you can't hit ANY bumps. There is a big difference between 'fit' and 'use'. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Why, sure... as long as you send power to the axle, they are locked up. Both wheels turn any situation.

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I am getting ready to do an install very similar to yours, except mine is YJ. I am going to a Dana 44, keeping the Dana 30 (for the foreseeable future), and putting 4.56 and lock rights in both. I am also running 35" MTR's on 15x10 rims. I haven't committed to Lock Rights yet, keeping my options open for a month or so before I lay the cash out. I am really considering ARB's but holy crap they are expensive. My goal is to maintain some driveability for wifey, she is likely to complain about the ratcheting rear, but for the extra several hundred dollars, I will probably live with it.

I see that No Slip by Powertrax is about the same thing, but quieter. Also a couple hundred bucks more per axle.

Jerry

Reply to
belowme

The ratcheting is not the most noticeable feature of the lock-right.... it's the herky-jerk when changing gears with acceleration and the sideways slide in snow or ice... but it's all good!

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Bill, you're contradicting yourself. I thought real Jeeps didn't have tops.

Chris

Cool.

Jerry

Reply to
belowme

Yeah Bill, I'm sure that CJ-7's lift is stock.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Bill's even older than I am. The eyes are among the first to go. Young women look prettier, old women look prettier, Jeeps look lower...

Earle

Hughes

Reply to
Earle Horton

Is *that* the first thing?? I knew the memory was the *second* thing to go, but damned if I could think of the first...

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)