Stop light Switch 75 CJ-5

This week i changed the stop light switch on my 75 CJ-5...no big deal...but...this is at least the 5th switch, in nearly 200,000 miles... am i doing somthing wrong ? or is this par for Jeep ? TIA Gene...original owner 75 cj-5, w/tbi and hei...

Reply to
Moggy2cat

Moggy2cat did pass the time by typing:

I'd recheck all the brake bulbs, sockets, and ground connections. You might be pulling too much juice and wearing the switch out prematurely.

Never had a brake switch go bad in any of my vehicles.

Reply to
DougW