Subwoofer For 97 TJ????

Hey folks. Anyone got any idea's for a nice sounding subwoofer that I can install in my TJ? I recently installed some 5 1/4 inch 3-way speakers in my dash with some cool adapters I got off of eBay and now I'm ready for some low end. I've seen a few things at

but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. I really like the looks of the POD thing for YJ's that goes between the front seats and has a rear firing sub. How does the newer factory subwoofer sound that goes in the center console? I've seen a few popping up on eBay lately and I need a new center console anyway. Thanks in advance and thanks again to all of you that helped me figure out my driveshaft situation. ;-)

Brian Tanksley

Reply to
Briantanksley

Those factory subwoofer-consoles are showing up on ebay because they're junk! (I should know. I've got one!)

Reply to
j carter

Reply to
Jeepster

Thanks! ;-)

Brian

Reply to
Briantanksley

Reply to
Jeepster

I recently put this Clarion in with a new reciever. Speakers were previously replaced with good Polks. I was going for small (first) and something just to fill in the base (2nd), not something to be heard thumping a block away. It does fill in well. Very well, actually. And, actually I keep it turned down most of the time. The reciever lets me put the highs to the front speakers, the mids to the sound bar, and the base to the sub.

Be sure to shop around. Above is just a link I found now, not where I bought. I saved about $80 from Crutchfields prices (which isn't saying much) by internet shopping.

It has to be mounted solid to the floor or it will "flutter". Where that may not be the right phrase, you get the idea. It will fit flat on the floor behind the back seat of a 2000TJ, leaving about half of the floor empty. It's very small and you won't believe it will make a decent base, until you hear it.

-- snipped-for-privacy@usace.army.mil

Reply to
Marc Masnor

a better product descr Clarion | Clarion SRV303 7" 120W Amplified Subwoofer

-- snipped-for-privacy@usace.army.mil

PCA&Product_Code=CL-SRV303>

Reply to
Marc Masnor