Synthetic Oils

There are so many mythes and scams out there. Is this one of them? Can anyone point me to some HARD evidence that I should use sythetics, or blends?

Alon : )

Reply to
Alon :)

What would it take to convince you?

Is there a particular problem you are trying to solve by using a synthetic or blend?

Does it bother you if some synthetics are made from cracked petroleum products converted into a synthetic oil and others are made from extracted petroleum products converted into a synthetic oil?

Would you do something silly and try to extend your oil change interval?

Are you driving a vehicle that comes standard with synthetic?

Purely anecdotally, I appear to have gained roughly 1 mile per gallon highway by conversion to a synthetic blend. On the other half of that, the local dealer's shop manager still claims I am wasting my money, but is willing to admit that I might be getting slightly higher mileage and a very small amount of desert driving capability.

Reply to
Lon Stowell