2000 JGC Caliper Bolts

Anyone know definitively what size hex key is required for these?

In the archives I've seen 7mm, 8mm, and 5/16" mentioned for other years/models. Don't have any of these sizes, and want to buy the right one.

Thanks, Alan

Reply to
amoogk

Welp, I believe it is 5/16". You can take some comfort in knowing that

5/16" and 8mm are the same thing, so at least it narrows you down to two choices. But I am reasonably certain that it is 5/16".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

For the record, they are indeed 7mm.

For those that mentioned trouble finding this size, Home Depot carries a set of 3/8" socket drive 4/5/6/7/8/10mm hex keys for CDN$20. Wal-Mart has a set of 15 each SAE & Metric standard Allen Keys, including 7mm, for CDN$10, if you don't care about torquing to spec.

...Alan

Reply to
amoogk