Thanks for manifold advice!!

Thanks to all you guys with the TJ manifold advice!! I got a new custom one online..when I had the old one changed yesterday, the guy saved it to show it to me. I had gotten under and looked and seen a few spider cracks, but don't know how I missed that the entire fat bottom part by the flange was totally broken off! The guy couldn't believe I'd been driving it like that w/no monoxide issues (it smelled, but I had the windows open 24/7). It was kinda loud too :) Anyway, now it seems like a new vehicle..it actually takes less juice to climb hills, etc., and doesn't rev as high. Is this normal? It feels AWESOME..like when it was new. Thanks again guys.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
David C. Moller

Yeah, I'm another apartment dweller :) I'll be doing the radiator myself though. It's not the knowledge I lack, just the space and building rules!!

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Don't worry about it. My father is a diesel mechanic, and he just paid someone else to install his ford pickup's exhaust system. My point: It's not always about doing the labor just because you know how. Sometimes, it's just cost-effective if you count your time as being valuable.

Reply to
Jeff Ramsey