Rats in my Audi....

Hello all...

I put up some pictures on my web site about some rats that nested in my 84 Audi when I hadn't used it in about 3 months...

Check them out...

Rush

Reply to
Rush Dougherty

Wow Rush - that's one heck of a mess. Get busy with that multimeter and you might want to take a peek under the dash - if they had the run of the airbox then they might have moved inside for a bit of wire insulation lunch too. Sorta like the critters that I found when I was cleaning my '62 DKW - two intricate rat nests (complete with mummified remains) all wrapped into the rear seat springs - had to remove them with long handled needle nose pliers - and an industrial 2-filter gasmask (ooooh.....the STINK!!!) The worst was yet to come - car ran well with the exhaust disconnected, but with it connected, it would sputter and die. My friend took the intake silencer off and said that the gas was actually coming up out of the carb - he walked around back and put his hand in front of the tailpipe and BLAMMO!!!! the car backfired and fired a slug of grass, fabric, and nutshells out of the pipe and into his hand!! "OWWWW!!! - Floor it!!!" says he. The flurry of nutshells that came out and hit the garage door was like a gatling gun barrage - it just wouldn't end. When I finally stopped the engine, there, in the fluff and nutshells, was "missile mouse" - as long dead as the seat inhabitants but much more fun to remove from the car. Since then I keep the car parked in "the Dead Zone" - surrounded by packets of Rattak and a sonic pest deterrent (eh....the squirrels still came in). Inside the car - even in the engine compartment - are plastic trays piled with mothballs - so far, so good (just needs an airing out at the beginning of the "cruising season"). You can even get mothballs that smell like fragrant cedar - for those (like my wife) who detest the mothball smell. But I'll bet nobody prefers the smell of rat urine (nasty stuff - can make you really sick) over the smell of mothballs. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - doesn't sit still enough for the local rodentia 1980 Audi 5k - so far, no customers for the Rattak in the trunk and back seat. 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - '62 surrounded by rodent deathtraps - '64 surrounded by trees....and rodents. (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

"Rush Dougherty" wrote in message news:CY%6b.3401$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Steve Sears