That XJ water on floor after rain problem ...

My XJ's getting lots of water on the passenger side after a rainfall. I know the topic came up previously ... causes? solutions? Thanks.

Reply to
bowgus

On the Wranglers this is dirt and junk in the cab air inlet box. Leaves, stuff like that.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Ours has a crappy glue job on the passenger side bottom windshield corner that leaks water.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
philthy

No rust ... but in looking quickly, might be that space in the corner of the windshield between the plastic/rubber trim and the body that Mike pointed to. Noticed today water does run in there off the windshield. When it stops snowing :-) and things dry up, I'll start by removing the inside plastic side panel and run some water on the windshield. See if that's the source. This is a new problem that I haven't yet started pulling things apart to locate, so all past experiemce of others is appreciated.

Reply to
bowgus

Another place to look when you take the trim off is where the antenna cable enters the cab (just in front of the passenger door).

Blue Skink

Reply to
Stephen Gibbs

I'm not sure the amount of water you're talking about or if it happens just sitting there in the rain, but something else you may also consider is that it could be condensation from running your defroster on rainy days. If that condensation drain line is clogged, it will dump into your passenger footwell, sometimes a bunch. Make sure that line is clear.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Good thought ... but the ac has not been functional for a few, well ok, many years now. It's a sitting in the rain problem as 1/2" of rain, 1/2" of water on the floor :-)

Reply to
bowgus

That would definitely rule out the 'condensation from the a/c thing' then!

tw

Reply to
twaldron