Wrangler AC Setting Problem..

Does anyone have any ideas on why my 97 Wrangler AC will work on the first three settings but when I turn it all the way up it cuts off. It does this with the AC/Heat or just the fan. First three work great when it hits the highest it goes silent..

With these 95 degree days here I could really use that high setting!! :)

Thanks for any help! P.S. I tried changing the relay behind the dash like some suggested a while back. No luck.

SP

Reply to
sp

it is either the resistor or the ac control board both are easy fixes.. try the resistor 1st 15 bucks... if no help the control board is about 60 bucks both are easy to install

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Sounds like the resistor, or the control unit.

Larry

Reply to
extremetjs

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks for the answers... I tried to swap the one labeled AC with another one of the same type in the box. But no luck. Sitll no highest setting :( My horn also stopped working about the same time.. Somehting funky electrical must be going on.

Thanks Shawn

Reply to
dingle71717171