96 T&C AC blower on the blink

I guess all the electronic gurus are off somewhere. But I'd REALLY like to know if ANYONE has ANY idea about the problem. Front AC blower ran fine, turned it off, didn't run when I turned it back on. Checked the fuse, has juice on both sides. Checked the connection to the motor--no current. Checked the connector to the switch on the console, no current to any slot. The rear AC runs and cools. The front cools if the car is moving but that's from the movement, not the fan. The only other thing I can think of is the resistor but haven't had time to check. I took one out of a car in Pick N Pull today, but managed to break one side, tho the wires are fine. My next step is to plug in the resister and see what happens. If THAT doesn't fix it, don't know what next. Any ideas? TIA

John

Reply to
Fieronut

John, start with the resistor and when you check it make sure the terminals in the connector arent corroded. Chrysler has come out with a new designed connector and resistor. If that is the problem install the part and make sure you solder and heat shrink the wires for the pigtail. If you plug the resistor in while you are holding it, it could burn you!!!

5003316AA is the part number for the wiring and resistor pigtail, the resistor is 4677180AB

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to