The life of a gibson muffler is ten years.

Aluminized one, not stainless, which has a lifetime warranty but way more $$.

It's lasted almost exactly ten years before rust poked through. That's not bad considering the abuse it's been put through.

I'll call that a fair run. Never had a muffler last that long on anything. The stock one lasted six years.

Not sure what to put on it next. Either way it's going to have to be at a muffler shop. Few years back the clamps kept on giving out so I had a local shop weld the bugger in there.

On the bright side I now know where that weird ticking sound was coming from. :)

Reply to
DougW