They are still producing the Cherokee (Sort of). The Chinese Jeep 2500

See the link and tell us what you think:

QX

There is also a 2700 series

2500 = 2.4 l 2700 = 2.7 l
Reply to
QX

Slick. Too bad there isnt a 4.0.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Sure looks like one to me, except for the weak engine and the sunroof. How come we never got sunroofs in our XJ's?

Jeff DeWitt

Carl wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Looks like someone was having fun with Photoshop.

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Never thought about this before but that's kind of weird. The Cherokee is unit body, but the Comanche must have had at least a rear sub frame. How did they attach it to the cab?

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

But unless I'm wrong the cab on a Comanche was unit body like a Cherokee, but the box had to sit on a frame.

A regular pickup (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Studebaker) and a full size frame with the cab and box attached to it, and the carucks like the El Caminio and the Brat were really cars with the rear modified to function more or less like a pickup box but the platform underneath remained unchanged.

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

If you poke around you can find the page in English. The Chinese made a number of improvements to the XJ.

Reply to
billy ray

Picture the frame starting at the front bumper. From there they have a treated high strength extension back to just forward of the motor mount, At that point, it becomes a normal boxed frame back to the fire wall. At the firewall, the cab floor becomes the top of the box and the pillars, firewall and rear of the cab all jion in to give it flex strength. Behind th cab, the lowere U-channel contimues with a cap plate welded to make a boxed member. The bed just rides on top of that. In reality, it's only a real unibody for the length of the cab

- the rest is pretty much normal railed frame.

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
billy ray

Chevy Nova

Reply to
billy ray

Well, I'll be a ?????'s uncle!

tw

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

Looks like a Wagoneer to me!

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
philthy

Babelfish translated that as "The metropolis heart sends the day". But I'm sure you were quoting a meaningful proverb and I have just exposed my woeful ignorance :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

I knew _someone_ would translate that! And, um...yes...er, it was a meaningful ancient chinese proverb....ahem...

tw

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

I wonder if those taillights can be bought in the States....

"billy ray" wrote in news:1176f$4542d6b9$422afc51$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

--snip--

--snip--

Reply to