thinking about lockers for the ZJ

Reading this site got me thinking about installing a locker for the ZJ.

Any thoughts out there on the lock-right?

I'm a bit leary given my tendency to drive the ZJ into and out of corners. Might make the back end walk out on me. :/

Guess if it does I can always take it out.. but before dropping coin on another project...

I'd like to do a limited slip but the case has to be spread to take the carrier out. The lock-right just pops in (for the most part)

Reply to
DougW

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Does a ZJ get the D35?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That is why I stay away from rocks they are expensive but are free every where.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

My WJ has the D35

Reply to
Billy Ray

Jeff Strickland did pass the time by typing:

Yep. C clip D35. :/

Reply to
DougW

Jeff Strickland did pass the time by typing:

The D35 isn't stout enough for the back of a ZJ. :( I'm certain the axle will break long before the locker will. Like in the clip Bill posted.

That's the neet thing about the lockright. You don't need to do anything but drop the guts out. The carrier can stay nice and bolted up.

Reply to
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Yep, however I have smaller tires on the ZJ and there are no real hills around here.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Yep. That's always possible with the D35, but the ZJ only has P225 tires on it. That looked like 31's.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III