main fues

I have a 1996 grand cherokee laredo and while driving it shut down i found the 20 amp fuse blown under the hood, it is the automatic shutdown fuse, i replaced it with another one and it blew again as soon as i turn the key on, i had to have it flatbedded 90 miles home can any one help???????

Reply to
dlheinz57

dlheinz57 did pass the time by typing:

Blowing a 20A indicates a dead short. Since my books are good only up to 95, this is a stretch.

Fuse F2? medium blade type 20A? [ -20- ]

In the 93 that feed goes to the PCM directly and powers the coil (and a few other things) through the ASD relay.

Since it blew when you turned the ignition key on I'm suspecting a short after the relay. Could be the coil feed (dead short in the coil) or a bad ASD relay.

DougW

Reply to
philthy