tire size 30 950 15lt

Greetings, It's time to change tires. I want to get the Michelin's LTX. I currently have P235/75/R15. Talking to a tire dealer he recommended that I get a bigger size and recommended that I get 30 950 15lt. Is that a good recommendation?..I mainly do street driving with less than 5% offroad.

Please let me know,

thanks, Mark

Reply to
Deparko

David C. Moller

What kind of weather do you expect to see?

What are you driving?

Mike

Deparko wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain
30x9.50/15 is a good choice, it is what you get with the factory 30" tire package. Another good choice is the 31x10.50/15. This gives you a little more height and width without compromising gearing and suspension. The 31x10.50s might rub slightly during full lock turns, like a Uturn, but this is easily corrected by removing a single bolt, one on each steering knuckle - so two bolts technically, and installing a washer or two under them and putting them back in.

You should explore the BFG All Terrain KO. This is an excellent general purpose tire that will give excellent highway performance and life, and meet your wildest dreams for offraod travel (with the possible exception of driving in heavy mud). Since you don't really do much offroading, then the pitfalls of mud shouldn't be a consideration unless the only offroading you do is in mud.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland