TPS Problem?

Hello all,

Today the Check Engine light came on and the auto trans will not come out of 1st gear on my 94 Cherokee with a 4.0. I checked the codes and got a code 24, TPS sensor. Anyone know if the TPS sensor crapping out would cause this? Thanks for any info!

Mike D.

85 CJ7 94 Cherokee
Reply to
Mike Duane Jr.

Yes it will. It controls shift points as well as throttle speed.

The connections usually just get dirty. You can clean them out with a spray contact cleaner. I have to do our old 88 Cherokee's TPS every couple years now.

Same goes for the CPS, when it dies, it is usually just the connection.

A real little gold mine in planned obsolescence they have going. Changing the part also cleans half the connection and scratch cleans the other half.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike Romain wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca:

Thanks Mike!