Trans fluid question

I did some work on the '00 XJ today. Including: battery terminals, serpentine belt, idler pulley, transfer case fluid, transmission fluid & filter, spark plugs, and pulled and cleaned the throttle body.

I used Valvoline full synthetic ATF+4 in the transmission and transfer case. The question I have is.. I'm not sure if the previous ATF+4 that remains in the transmission was full synthetic or not. Is all AT+4 full synthetic? Will I have a problem with having half and half (full synthetic and on synthetic)?

We also tried to do an alignment (my toe was 1/4" in at the front), but despite our best efforts, we were unable to break the tie rod ends free enough to adjust it. I'll pay the $65 to have it done.

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Isn't that what the synthetic blends you find on the shelf everywhere are? Just a synthetic mixed with a conventional... I don't see any reason it would hurt, but I've never owned an automatic, so don't hold me to that.

Reply to
Micah