Transfer case switch

00 Cherokee 4L, 4 WD, Part time. The dash light indicating "Part time" in amber stopped working.I have located the 2 wires at the transfer case,they check out. If I play around with the handle the light will come on. My question , is the switch a plunger type like the brake light switch and what makes contact with it to turn on and off? Thanks (PS is this a dealer part?)
Reply to
DANFXR

It is a vacuum switch up on the firewall. It has one vacuum line running to it.

Mike

DANFXR wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain