'95 Voyager turn/washer/dip switch question-!!

Hey all--

Problem...only one: in turn indicator mode, the "left" switch postion functions but the "right" yields a rapid flashing of the dash light, indicating a fault (usually a burnt bulb; this time it is indicating the rear turn signal lamp is not on)--bulb is fine; I have to apply a little pressure to the wand to get the flasher to slow down and the tail light to work. Clearly, a boo-boo with a switch contact.

SO--anyone here had to do an R&R on this big, expensive switch-?

Does this problem sound familiar-?

Is it practical to disassemble the switch to repair-?

Money is tight; I'd love to fix this if possible without the purchase of that gigantic switch assembly. (I noted with disappointment that the existing stock switch bears the LUCAS trademark--the same guys who supplied the awful components on my old British motorcycles).

Any help is appreciated--thanx--BuZzY

Reply to
BuZzY

Inflation...the MOPAR dealer sez: $95.00; NAPA version is $77.00--not as bad as I thought. There goes my beer money.

Reply to
BuZzY

I'm happy to say that the switch now functions after I removed it and used some electrical contact cleaner and a little white grease on the appropriate contact, accessible from the back. Seems to work fine.

We'll see.

Reply to
BuZzY