Transmission Problem ????

Has anyone had ANY experiences with any late-model Jeep Wrangler 4WD (with automatic transmission) "popping" out of PARK into REVERSE gear (all on its own) ???

Reply to
hjohn5120

No.

You have to hold the brake pedal down to make that shift.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

YES .... I know that. This incident happened "all on its own" - without a driver or anyone in the vehicle !!!

Reply to
hjohn5120

Then there is a problem with the linkage, OR the driver left the gear NOT in Park as they intended.

If the vehicle is placed in Park, it can not make this shift on its own. In any case, I can't recall any similar complaint on this board.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

hjohn5120 did pass the time by typing:

It can happen and there is a recall for most models. Take your Jeep to the dealer and see if there are any missing recalls.

P.S. it's not usually the tranny popping out of park, it's that the tranny isn't fully in Park due to linkage problems and the shifter can slide back compounded by drivers that exit the vehicle while it is still running or let it idle while fueling, etc..

some reading

DougW

"Idle while fueling"?

Does anybody really do that?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Nope, not me. I'm as pure as the driven snow.

Well, except for the drugs and the booze, and the nude beach ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

..

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

...........praying Bill DID have a link.......

Reply to
Carlo

In the last few years, there was either a TSB or recall on this very problem on certain model years, IIRC. The indicate would be in Park but the parking pawl wouldn't be fully engaged. It was all over the news here.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

When it's 20 below with a nor'easter gusting to 40mph, you sit in the driver's seat while fueling, with the engine idling...which of course is against the law in most states...just to keep sensation in your feet and hands. It's a calculated risk. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

OK Bill, we're waiting for that 40-year old pic now...

wait, not really... ;-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Not all men are not created equal? Isn't that a double negative?

It's not the size of your rig, it's how well you get it through the slippery stuff...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No Bill, that is not what you learned. What you learned is that some men are more equal than others ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

YOU might be waiting, but not me.

Reply to