'03 6cyl Tundra oil capacity

Hello,

How many quarts of oil for a 2003 Tundra 6 cylinder with filter change? I know what the owner's manual says, I want to know other's experience.

If I follow the owner's manual and put in 5 quarts, I am 1.5 quarts low, including the filter.

Prior to the first oil change (new truck), I noted the dip stick level to be on the FULL mark. I drained the oil and replaced the oil filter. I replaced the filter and refilled. It took 6.5 quarts of oil to match what the dipstick originally showed. That is why I am asking. There seems to be a discrepancy somewhere. 5 quarts vs. 6.5 quarts? Anybody? Thanks.

RG

Reply to
RG

Drain and refill w/ Oil filter change 5.2 liters (5.5 US qts, 4.6 lmp. qts) w/o Oil filter change 4.9 liters (5.2 US qts, 4.3 lmp. qts) Dry fill 5.9 liters (6.2 US qts, 5.2 lmp. qts)

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault