Under The Hood Question

Well, the wife decided to hit the woman in front of her with the driver side of our 96' GC Laredo 4.0L 169K, hood wrinkled along with the fender, lens busted up but still working. My question, does anyone have a link to a picture for under the hood. I'm afraid to pop the hood as I might not get it closed again. I think there's a canister in that area. Next question, if there is a canister there what does it do exactly and can the vehicle operate without it? Thanks in advance for all replies..

Reply to
Edward R. Wojciechowski JR

What do you plan to do for the poor sap your woman ran into?

Reply to
Outatime

Yes, don't worry about the canister. If the car has less than 250,000 miles on it, everything will be fine, except for slightly less gas mileage. Also, your tires will wear a bit faster now that the cannister is damaged.

Have you hired a lawyer yet to defend the action to be brought by the lady that your wife hit ?

Good luck on all of this, and just keep that hood closed. A sharp mechanic will be able to change the oil from the bottom of the car from now on.

Reply to
James

Perhaps the wife should offer apologies, then find her checkbook and take financial responsibility for the property she damaged and the people she has injured, instead of giving the money to a lawyer...wouldn't you say, James?

I'm curious, James: would your tone change a bit if your wife, daughter or son were killed in the wreck that this idiot caused?

Reply to
Outatime

So I take it neither of you two jokers have ever been in an accident?

Shit happens and you two are waaaaayyyyy out in left field attacking some poor guy with 'No' facts at hand....

Talk about a pair of losers....

Mike

Mike Romain

I disagree, Mike. Fact: a woman rear-ends another vehicle. This moron suggests she retain a lawyer to fend off collection efforts. I think this is scuzzy behavior, and anyone who defends it is way off base.

Ten years ago in Sacramento, a female doctor with a blood alcohol level exceeding 0.20 drives up the wrong way onto a freeway offramp, hitting a car head-on, killing all 4 kids inside. All 4 families file wrongful death suits, and rightfully so. She lawyers up, waits until all 4 have filed, then drops a Chapter 7 on the whole mess and WALKS AWAY like nothing ever happened. Truly the pinnacle of scuzzy behavior.

I've never been charged with causing an accident. I've been on the butt-end of several, and every single time, the clod who caused it tries his/her damndest to snake out of their financial responsibility. The last moron who did this ended up facing me in Superior Court; I took his condo, car, and his 401-k to satisfy the judgement. (No, he didn't feel the need to bother carrying liability insurance.)

So, don't preach to me about 'shit happens.' I want to see someone giddy with apology while pulling out the checkbook to take care of the damages for a change, instead hiring lawyers to block collection efforts. Don't want to end up on the ass-end of a lawsuit? Then drive like you own a brain. It's that simple.

Reply to
Outatime

Hey, take it easy fellows...... perhaps you should read my post just once more (pasted below), and you will readily see that my entire post was in jest...

Surely you experts know that a damaged cannister will not cause excessive tire wear......

Man, you guys can get WAY too serious in here. We are not talking about lawsuits and injuries here, the entire thing is a joke. Get a life !!!!

--James--

-------------------------------------

Yes, don't worry about the canister. If the car has less than 250,000 miles on it, everything will be fine, except for slightly less gas mileage. Also, your tires will wear a bit faster now that the cannister is damaged.

Have you hired a lawyer yet to defend the action to be brought by the lady that your wife hit ?

Good luck on all of this, and just keep that hood closed. A sharp mechanic will be able to change the oil from the bottom of the car from now on.

--James--

Reply to
James

You two are going on like the OP and his wife are sleazebags with absolutely no evidence that 'I' have seen to back that up.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, I am currently really messed up due to a careless driver. He even had insurance, but our 'no fault' system is basically broken and requires lawyers to sue. The insurance companies won't offer anything serious in compensation short of a trial.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

LOL. Methinks the OP was a troll, and James has a twisted sense of humor. And you're right: insurance companies love no-fault, which basically translates into no-pay.

My solution: drink heavily.

Reply to
Outatime