unlimited rubi on ebay

First one I've seen on eBay. Item number: 4511461398

Reply to
Chad Fraker

FWIW, I went by our local Jeep dealer today, he had 4 Unlimited Rubis, one with manual trans. Looked pretty good, a little ungainly. They look GREAT with a 4.5 - 6" lift & 35's. First Unlimited I've seen with a manual. (Frankly, you're better off with the auto if you plan any crawling.)

Reply to
SoK66

I gotta disagree here as I have a Rubi (Limited though it may be) with the

5spd and she crawls just fine, thank you. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

ditto Nathan.. my manual rubi crawls very, very well. === you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

Reply to
Dave
33k US?!?!? OMG, I'd rather spend $3000 on an old CJ and drop $30,000 into turning it into something that would crawl over my house. How fun would that be? "Hi, ya ...that's my Jeep. Wanna go for a ride? I think I'm going house-crawling today. Any neighbours you hate?"
Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Exactly! KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

The ones at my local outfot were more like $31k with auto trans. Still a lot to risk out on the rocks. All the '05 Rubis get A/C std, which raises the base price about $800. They must have built 'em without hardtops & full doors, but I haven't seen one around here yet. That adds another $1400 or so. It all adds up. Still a great Jeep, however.

Reply to
SoK66

i dont think he meant that you couldnt crawl with a 5 speed....just that the automatic crawls "better" and i dont think anyone who has ever truly crawled with both will argue that.

Reply to
montanajeeper

the only problem there is that you would then have a $33,000 vehicle that creaked, leaked, and rode like hell. :-) now dont get me wrong i do love cj's and accept those inherent quirks as part of their charm. i wouldnt want one for my daily driver though, maybe ive just gotten soft. :-)

ive owned many jeep variations including 3 TJs (2 of them rubicons, chrysler bought the first one back) and im getting ready to purchase another rubicon in february (closing next week on a house, figure by february it will show up on my credit to explain the inquiry). the beauty of the rubicon is that you get an extremely capable jeep out of the box that is as sweet as it gets with great looks and an even better ride while all the goodies are covered with a factory warranty.

as for crawling with a $30,000 vehicle, i dont see a problem with it when thats what the vehicle was designed, marketed, built, and sold to do. i didnt get mine out as much i would have liked, but she did know rocks.

and my next one will too. i recentlydid an online review for polaris (on one of my other websites) on theirnew ranger (if you care to you can see the review at
has some awesome montana trail pictures) atthe pryor wild horse range here in southern montana and ill definatelybe taking my next rubicon up there as soon as i get it.

Reply to
montanajeeper