Upgrading the heater revisited

ok I know I skipped some recent threads on this, but what are some good relatively cheap ways to to upgrade my heat? It's got warmth, but the blowers damn near dead. This is an 88 YJ.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Simon Juncal did pass the time by typing:

GM blower motor.

Google is your friend.

The truth is out there.

... way out there ...

Reply to
DougW
5 steps to heat in a CJ and early YJ's: 1)Replace the thermostat 2)Drain, flush, and refill the cooling system 3) Have a radiator shop rework the heater core ($30) 4)Do the blower upgrade
Make sure you do not have an airlock in the line to the heater The blower upgrade requres you to remove the whole heater box. Remove the passenger seat, find the FOUR bolts that hold it to the firewall, and out it comes. Do the motor and the heater core at the same time.

Cheers.

Sim> ok I know I skipped some recent threads on this, but what are some good

Reply to
Roy J

Simon should take his old motor _with_ him to the parts store. There are two different motors offered, one with a long shaft and one with a short shaft. The long one will cause him nothing but trouble.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton