Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Well yea. If you are talking about beer or better, a thousand rounds might be useful. But remember always save the last one for yourself. Especially if you are on the fields of Montana in the 1800's....

Larry

Reply to
larry

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Only in your wildest dreams fella...only in your wildest dreams.

Larry

God Bless America's trees, Larry O|||||||||O

Reply to
larry

I was watching a western yesterday with this topic.... a teenage girl kidnapped by the injuns and the good guy following after to rescue/kill her.

Anyway at the big shootout they had their trusty six guns and their Winchesters and managed to fire of a couple hundred rounds. Seems to me that a pistol belt only holds 20 cartridges or so........ how did they do it?

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Exactly right Mike! I drove My YJ home 70 miles without a clutch. Same idea as double clutching. Use the engine speed in neutral to get the gears close to sync. For upshifting, let off on the gas to unload the gear train, slide into neutral, and let off on the gas completely before going into the next gear up. Downshifting is opposite where you rev the engine in neutral. Put it into neutral when coming to a stop, shut the engine down after stopping. Put it in first or second and start the engine when it is time to go.

Reply to
jeff

I did the same with a Toyota truck when the slave cylinder burst. My trip was only about 45 miles, though.

The bottom line is simply understanding how the vehicle works.

Reply to
B A R R Y

In article , Coasty wrote: #fault for being stupid not for properly being prepaired. What would you do #out on the trail curl up in the fetal position and die? Based on what he posted, pretty much yes... :-\

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

#If you 'just' have busted linkage or loss of hydraulic fluid, then you #can 'easily' start the vehicle by just pushing down on the clutch pedal #while having the shifter in 2nd or 3rd, hit the starter and away you #go. The interlock switch is at the top of the clutch pedal. It can #just be jumpered too... As a first model year YJ owner, I have driven home many times on a leaked-out clutch slave cyl. I keep a bottle of dot-3 in the space under the master cyls for that exact reason. Glad I did not have to mess with a interlock switch. #It is a bear to shift without a clutch, but 'very' possible with a firm #hand or starting in 3rd will limp you home at an easy 30 mph anyway or #get you to a shop. Shifting without a clutch is pretty easy as long as you pay attention to your RPMs and know where the sweet spot to shift is. Starting it in gear is the PITA. Glad the starters were so easy to replace.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

In article , billy ray wrote: #Winchesters and managed to fire of a couple hundred rounds. Seems to me #that a pistol belt only holds 20 cartridges or so........ how did they do #it? Uh, the Director yelled, "CUT!!" and the Weapons Wrangler reloaded all the guns for the actors so they would not chip a nail trying to figure out which end of the round went in first?

Their are exeptions, tho. I know that the actors who played main parts in Saving Private Ryan got their asses kicked from hell to breakfast by a USMC Capt. named Dale Dye and they did know how to shoot, reload, and clean their blank guns... And after someone fired 8 rounds out of a garand, you heard the feed-me clang.

(At least I said "Wrangler" and WW2 was full of Jeeps...)

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

They reload during the obligatory commercials.

billy ray proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

It was a movie on CD with John Wayne, et al called "The Searchers", there were no commercials.

There were other notable goofs also.

billy ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Actually they used something similar. It was not uncommon for extra loaded cylinders to be carried and used to replace rather than reload the empty cylinder. Much faster than the process of ejecting the spent brass one at a time as was necessary with the single action Colts and Remingtons of that period.

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My Ruger Single Action was in .45 Long Colt. Traded off a while back. Wish I hadn't, but it was costing a buck around to shoot at the time and a box of ammo was dinner and drinks for two back then. :-(

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

True enough, but I think that in the case of the OP that understanding that sometimes things _do_ break even when new, learning to be prepared, and understanding that everything that goes wrong need not be someone else's fault would help too.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

The part that scared me was his electing to drive knowing that his narcolepsy would catch up to him on the road. I wouldn't want to be an on-coming driver.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
Lee Ayrton