Water Mystery, HELP

Ok here's one for you. Left to go on vacation 9 days ago and parked my 99 Wrangler at a Park & Fly. At this time of year in Alaska there is quite a bit of condensation but this is ridiculous. When we got back I discovered at least 2 gallons of standing water on the front driver's side floor. Any idea where this might have come from or why did it not drain? I do recall the day we left there was a small snow & rain storm but the water wasn't there when I got out of the vehicle. This is too strange for me. Has anyone encountered such an ordeal with their Wrangler?

Thanx, Mike

Reply to
AKJEEPER

I would be checking the air intake drain. It is under the hood by the battery and is a long fat tube. If this gets plugged with ice or leaves the box can fill up and leak. In order to leak it must have a crappy seal, but they are known for that, having a crappie seal.

And in order to drain water, you need to pull the plug in the floor....

Mike

AKJEEPER wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Another possibility could be debris in the cowl vent.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller