Vectra GSi won't start after rain

Hi

My friends Vectra GSi V6 won't start after it's been standing in the rain. It doesn't fire at all, leave it to dry out for an hour or so, try again and it fires up straight away. Obviously the water is getting on to something somehow, but we can't find anything wet, nor any traces of water getting in. It's not just a case of moisture in the air, as it starts 1st time if parked under his car port, just not if it's standing outside, and will run all day in the heaviest rain, if not left standing. He has a carport, his girlfriend doesn't, so it's ruining his love life - LoL.

Car is a Vectra 'B' GSi 2,5 V6 1999

Any ideas or experiences guys?

TIA

-- r

The answer's obvious: he should get a different girlfriend - one who _has_ a carport.

Reply to
DB.

day in the heaviest rain,

It may be worth checking the DIS unit on this these are black plastic blocks that provide the spark. These fail on V6 Omegas and cause problems starting in the rain, worth check the plug leads as well.

Reply to
malcolmmccluskey

is this a job for the g***se man ?

------------------------------------------------- Ted Rubberford. 'The Man In The Green Latex Skintight Hood'

Reply to
Teddy Rubberford

No idea about the problem - but it's the most original excuse I've heard yet to stay a while longer!

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Well can't his girlfriend go round to his place?

Reply to
DougP

Thanks, will investigate this, does DIS have to get wet to fail, or is it just a rainy day thing??

-- r

She doesn't get on with his mastiff Bella.....

But that's a whole new kettle of fish

-- r

His massive what ?????? Oh sorry - misread it.

Reply to
Taz