Who makes custom oil pans?

Does anyone know who makes custom oil pans and/or how much tooling is needed to make the block mating flange part for a stamped steel pan? (The rest of it obviously is stuff any bike tank maker or EAA'er can do-oxy/acy welded mild steel.

Reply to
Ted Azito

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Cast aluminum. Sand cast aluminum.

Reply to
Ted Azito

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bullshit.

Reply to
Ted Azito

What are you working on? I put a 99 Lumina Vortek in a Jeepster,the olny pan available was a deepsump casting, not optimal for an off-road vehicle. I made new flanges for an earlier 4.3L steel pan, and welded them on. I still have the templates.

Reply to
Paul Calman

I only know one guy who made his own oil pan. He made a lot of his own stuff though including a timber harvester from scratch. He used an old engine block for a template for the oil pan flange. The rest he put together from bits and pieces he hammered out by eye. People with these skills scare me a little.

Reply to
Jimmie