Why high float tires?

Why are the high float tires like 33x12.50 so popular for off road? What would be the difference between a 33x12.50 and a 285/75/16?

Reply to
Arvin

The only reason I can figure is they look cool.

They sure don't work worth a shit. (on our trails anyway)

Guys with front and rear lockers and fat tires can 'almost' keep up to me in my CJ7 with open diffs and tall skinny tires.

With lockers they usually can get up to where I am, but it takes them a few tries usually.

I get lots of photo ops of them trying and trying and trying.... ;-)

Mike

Mike Romain

larger = more ground clearance stick out more = body side and flare protection more grip = traction looks nice too.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)